Any merchant using Embed will automatically benefit from Universal 3-D Secure once it has been set up for a payment service.
Example of a sandbox 3DS prompt
Additionally, Dynamic 3-D Secure can be set up using Flow rules, allowing you to dynamically skip or force 3-D Secure based on anti-fraud decisions, cart items, or any other transaction data.
Buyers & Billing Details
To optimize 3-D Secure it is highly recommended to provide a buyer with billing details attached to Embed.
A buyer can be set up via our
API. The buyer can then be attached to Embed by using the
buyerExternalIdentifier property. The buyer’s name, email address, and billing
address will be used to help reduce buyers being asked to complete a 3-D Secure
The Gr4vy ID is the unique identifier for your instance. Together with the environment (sandbox or production) it is used to connect to the right APIs.
The possible values for your ID are one of
wpay3. We will inform you
in which instance your account has been set up.
We will use these billing details when contacting payment services, 3-D Secure Server, anti-fraud services, and more.
For every transaction, we will handle the following steps.
- Detect if any Flow rule explicitly requires or skips 3-D Secure
- Detect if the selected payment service for this transaction has 3-D Secure enabled
- Detect if the card used in the transaction is enrolled for 3-D Secure
- Handle the seamless frictionless 3-D Secure flow including the device finger printing
- Handle the 3-D Secure challenge flow, where a buyer is directed in-page to their bank to approve the transaction
All you need to do to use 3-D Secure in Embed is to set up 3-D Secure on any of your enabled payment services. Once configured, Embed will handle all the user interactions.